Sunday, April 25, 2010

Writing a brief.

We started by selecting some briefs. I selected the D&AD book cover design brief, for Orion. The teenage kicks brief written by Fred. Last years illustration brief for D&AD as well as the Ctrl+Alt+Shift brief for IDN. I selected each one for different reasons, mainly because I wanted to produce a set or series and book covers/publications would allow me to do this. I also wanted to marry my skills as an illustrator with increased interest in type and layout.

When we went in, we were asked to make a table of what we wanted to get out of/do this brief. Here is my list:



Then we were asked what the brief is dictating and what specifically we wanted to do thats in the brief:


We were then asked t identify the content,context and product of what we wanted to do:


From this we were then tasked with writing our own brief and rationale. Here are my stabs at that:



No comments:

Post a Comment