Thursday, October 1, 2009

16 Page Booklet

2 things have led me to develop the logo/title graphics for this 16 page booklet; 1. the inspiration that researching for my environmental presentation gave me, and 2. A great workshop on using colour properly in illustrator. During this workshop, I used the visuals I created to mess around with colour and turned them into something useful:

I think I wil develop my content in terms of everything I learn, with an environmental spin on it, for example, how litho, flexo and gravure work, but also their environmental implications and what,s being done about it. How different ink colour systems work (i.e. spot colours and cmyk) but what do they do to the environment when disposed of and their possible solutions etc. To demonstrate this more fully, I think I will try and contact some paper distributers and print my 3 double page spreads on some odd looking paper stocks and specify in my spec the kind of inks I would use, etc. etc.
I will post more as it develops.

1 comment:

  1. Hah, I think we may have two very similar 16 page booklets.
    I shall have to think of a way to outsmart you :P x

    ReplyDelete