Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Experiments with colours and layout.

I originally wanted this booklet to be as environmentally friendly as possible, which would have meant just using one colour in order to avoid wasting inks. However two factors have come to my attention: 1. Using a spot colour means its a one off and that would lead to potential wastage as a printer would be hard pressed to be able to use it again, meaning that they'd more than likely use CMYK rollers to mix up pantone 375 U or whatever it is, and 2. While my booklet is mainly about a designer making ethical choices, I want to show my knowledge of different print techniques so the images I use, I reckon should play around with mono, duo, tri and qaudtones. Anyway heres some messing around with the first page of lithography, I'm just trying to nail a style that I can use for the rest of the booklet.







I like the last one the best I think. It has a nice balance of colours, though I'm still leaning towards the monotone for now. I might change some of the colours around further.

No comments:

Post a Comment