Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Colourways










Here are various different colourways that I tried. I started with pantone 2758 UP and then used the hue and saturation tool in photoshop to get a vague idea about the potential colours I chose this spread because it demonstrates the colour at it's most vivid. I feel that the original colour is probably the strongest, though turquoise and the blue-violet colour also work quite successfully. From this I've concluded to continue looking at the dark blues in the pantone chart. The darkness of the blue looks more sophisticated than the more vibrant colours on display, whilst the browns really don't go with black. The dark blue also reminds me of the UFO and conspiracy books I was looking at as part of my research. As I've said before, I feel it's important to get the balance between these books and contemporary cultural books and magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment