Monday, October 11, 2010

Paper Stock tests

Now I have a reasonable amount of content laid out, it's time to try and test some paper stocks. I looked through the samples I was sent by Antalis Mcnaughton and thought I'd give those a go. below is a range of stocks suitable for both covers and the leafs inside the book. One stock in particular stood out, it was the 'Conqueror CX22 Fresh White, 120gsm' it was weighty enough to take the ink well, but thin enough to work as leafs inside the book without the reader having difficulty turning the pages. So I'm going to contact the paper supplier tomorrow and see about the cost of this. There was also another stock that I thought was appropriate for cover stock, being heavyweight and absorbing the ink without the likelihood of creating scratch marks from wear and tear; Conqueror wove fresh white, 400gsm'. Again this would be useful but I'll have to see the costing and whether I can share the cost with someone to allow for this. If not, it's reasonably similar to the card in the library (though this is not as nice) so that could be a good insurance possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment