Tuesday, October 12, 2010

UV ink nightmares//paper nightmares.

Ok so 2 big blows came today;
-Firstly, I tried to order the water based ink from the website from an earlier post who i had a bit of correspondence with, crucially I forgot to check if they shipped to the United Kingdom. They do not. Subsequent to this, I couldn't find any distributor of the same ink in the United Kingdom. This means that my contingency plan of spot varnish is probably going to have to come into play. I need to figure out how that might effect the way I address the layouts before I overlay these images over the top. I have to avoid making it too busy so simplicity may be key.

-Second problem was sourcing paper, myself and Jonny went through the swatches and samples I was given and decided we'd like to order some that fit both our requirements. This would have gone well if it wasn't for the absolute nightmare it was to eal with the woman and Antalis Mcnaughton over the phone. She seemed to have very little idea what was going on. Anyway, Jonny has posted in detail about it on his practice blog so i won't go into it too much. Anyway when we came to it, the cost would be over £100 so $50 each, which is about 5 6ths of the budget I've allotted for myself. I can't really manage this, printing costs and manufacture all under budget, so I guess I'm going to have to make a compromise and try it out on as many different paper stocks as I can come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment