Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Content and Credits pages

Open publication - Free publishing - More layout

Here are some developments I made for my contents page and the credits at the end of my book. I started by putting in this weird image of space that I'd monotoned, turned into a triangle and simulated the Illuminati symbol with. After playing around with that for a while, I realised that it actually wasn't working all that well. So I opted for a very simple and stripped down option, that I feel suits the content of the rest of the book. I then played around with where it should sit in the page. The one I decided on is about 7 rows of 16 into the page, just above halfway, and aligned to the right, this is because from where the page number sits, your eye is drawn to roughly this spot on the page anyway, and so as hierarchy it sits quite well.

In terms of the Credits, theres a lot of information, and I wanted to maintain the minimalism of the book inspite of this, so I stuck to the grid quite rigidly in order to create white space around each bit of information and allow them to breathe. The layout I opted for in the end creates a nice diagonal line where the columns finish from the end of the word credits towards the bottom left. This looks aesthetically pleasing, and the hierarchy works because of the point size of the word 'credits' and the way the diagonal line discussed earlier draws your eye down and across the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment