Monday, February 1, 2010

Urgh, hitting the storyboards again.

Right, so the last idea was good, or so I thought, however below are the audiofiles for the quotes I selected,most of them, with the exception of the 'bueller' quote are way too long for me to be able to put information across that the viewer needs to see as well.
The Breakfast Club I cut this to start from 'each one of us is a...' but even at that point it's too long, even with a qoute below 10 seconds, if it's more than 6, I'll have no time to get the rest of the info in.

If I used the bit that says just 'bueller... bueller... bueller' then it's definitely short enough, so I could probably use this one quite well.

The one for weird science, I wanted to use the one from the storyboards about motorcycles and mutants because i thought the imagery was particularly vivid, however i couldn't find it anywhere, instead I found this one, again, i have the issue that it's too long to make it effective.

Given that most of them with the exception of ferris Bueller went wrong, I had to think of a new plan, so more storyboards were needed:

So above is the new idea for weird science, it plays to the song 'weird science' by oingo boingo because thats the most immediately recognisable song from the film. it basically uses pictograms like the previous storyboard to outline the plot like in the first lot of storyboards but because it does it in a much quicker, much more immediate way, I'll have time to display all the info the viewer needs. I pln to use stop motion to make them shakey and wobbly and a bit retro as outlined in my design context blog.



Here are a few for the John Hughes storyboards, essentially the first ine, I realised I could fit in a bit more infor because theres less info to put out, i.e. i don't have to hold the film title for at least 1 second, because theres no film title in it, so in the second one, i stuck in the musical note as a pictogram for sound. This will play to, 'don't you forget about me' by simple minds, which I think is appropriate given that he died recently.

Because I think the qoute will work effectively for ferris bueller, I decided to keep a similar story board style, with ferris bobbing up and down, however, I decided to keep him inside the circle, the motif i decided to keep on from the first lot of storyboards, this keeps a consistency across the board with all idents, allowing for a clear continuity.



Here are the storyboards for 16 candles, I initially used the girl sign to point out it was about a girl in highschool, however it seemed to me that this might confuse people and say 'ladies toilet' instead. I think cutting it out still allows for people to realise what the film is, pretty much as soon as the candle appears. It'll play to 'happy birthday' by altered image which will give another clue as well.

I really don't have time to dally around now, so I'm going with these ideas, below I've made a list of assets I need so I can draw them out, otherwise I'll get confused and forget to draw things. I'll then scan them in and alter them using illustrator and photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment