Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Best design layouts, for crit.

I'm going to try and print most of these off at a reduced size, as well as a few at actual size so I can show range and scale.


I've made a few alterations and ammendments to the images themselves too. The cars, for instance now have baggage-like shapes on the roofs and at the sides to make them look more like they're transporting a lot of people's lives. I like this better and thinks it says more cohesively. I also like the way that the road stretches out over the boarder in these and the walking pictures to demonstrate the distance or the ongoing nature of the journey. The fonts I've used are predominantly Gill sans, but the ones in the top left use helvetica neue and the serif font is clarendon. Obviously I could experiment more (I'm going to change the fonts up after the crit tomorrow and see how it goes), I did start using a font called saddlebag which looked kind of old western... but I thought this was a bit cheesy and I'm going to try and stick to non-decorative fonts. I'm really pleased with them as layouts, I really think they look strong, I just need some guidance on which to pick now.

No comments:

Post a Comment