Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Design for digital progress

Here's some quick development for the web banners now I have some high quality product shots to show off the physical release, because the purely digital images weren't doing the product justice. I basically messed around with the layout until I could find something that kept in the tradition of the web banners for the penguin website. They use times for headers and gill sans for the body copy on the banners, so I utilized this and got to something I was happy with, then it was a case of placing it in context. Other places it could go: WH smiths, Amazon, Blackwell's and the book depository. These mock ups could go on a design board about context.

From there I looked at the websites for iBook and a popular eBook site. These two had their own web banner formats and so i merely recreated these. They're not brilliant but I have other things to focus on and they're passable.

No comments:

Post a Comment