Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Design for digital

Here is my development for proposing digital release for the book covers, starting with the iBook, I wasn't satisfied with all the white space between the book cover border and the edge of the iPad, I also wanted to show how it might work as a book rather than just stick my book on the screens of everything I could find, so I inroduced a title page. I then stuck the covers inside iPhone screens to suggest wallpapers or perhaps even an eBook application for iPhone. I also mocked up the iBook shelf and how the covrs would sit in this once purchased. I'm very happy with the results of all of those, I think the strength of my covers and the clarityof the illustrations and simplicity of the type mean that they transfer very well to digital format. Less impresive s my frst attempt at web banners. They just don't look that strong and I think I need some strong product shots to lay them out in a similar fashion to the penguin website (pictured below)




And here is a proposal for how the book cover could work in a digital setting. I asked Will if ti was possible to capture the motion of the page moving and put it in an iphone. He offered to do it, here are the results and they're excellent, so cheers Will. bloody good work.


No comments:

Post a Comment