Tuesday, January 26, 2010

IMAGE: type as image.

This is concerned with the quote 'Everyone you know is your friend" which was from the relationship maths article, I've decided to play upon the sarcasm and wittiness of the article, as well as it's cruelty to create an irony between what the words say and what they mean, essentially 'your a loser'. To this end, I wanted to make the words look as lonely as possible. Part of the brief was to use an existing font, which I did, even though it isn't immediatly obvious. I wanted to use something very hand drawn that kind of makes it seem more personal. I experimented with two type faces, though I stuck with one for the majority as I much prefered it. The one I used for the majority of the development work was: The hand written bit's of Micheal Sieben's work are a real inspiration to me at the moment, I sort of changed the E's so the upper and middle arms were close together instead of the lower and middle. I think that it works. The other was based on simple handwriting fonts:


As you can see, I tried out a few different layouts and colour choices to see if they would work, I relaised that adding the 'hair' imagery was a little to close to breaching the brief, so I then tried to stick to simple circles after that, but I didn't like the additions of those, I ended up sticking with my first design which kind of shows isolation better by not having anything there then by seperating it away from other shapes. I like it in the bottom corner, because it looks more lonesome then when I tried it slap bang in the middle.

-

-

-

-

-
-
-

-

-

-

-
-
-


Although I intend to go back to the original pain image, I do like the one with the words friend?, however I also think this in breach of the brief, so I'm going to ask Amber tommorrow, exactly what i can get away with.

No comments:

Post a Comment