Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Storyboards an Progress evaluation



Ok so this is my full storyboard in detail using what at the time, I thought would be some of the final compositions for the actual animation. However I think it's important at this stage to really re-evaluate what I've done. Firstly, as I was writing notes of what motions where on this, I realised that this was going to take a ridiculously long time ot bring to fruition (for one ident, let alone 5!), I attribute this to it being too complicated. I also think that something this intricate is unlikely to fit within 10 seconds.

Another point I'm beginning to struggle with, is how does this answer my brief, does it speak to both my audiences in a way that would appeal to them? personally, I don't think it does, it seems a bit obvious, not very humerous, though it does demonstrate some content from the movie, i can't help but feel people would switch off.

I talked to other members of the group about this as I was beginning to panic that I was going to have to scrap everything, however I was asked whether I could just strip it down but retain some of the elements I had been using, to this extent, I'm going to lose the idea of following a path around because that's one extra issue I don't want to have to deal with. With that in mind I need to develop an action plan to be getting to the stage of making animations as quickly as possible:

Thursday 28th Jan: -Finish Storyboarding new ideas
-have visual aesthetic fully realised

Monday 1st Feb: -have at least one composition animated.

Wednesday 3rd feb: -have atleast 3 videos at a stage where people in a crit can get a sens of what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment