Wednesday, January 20, 2010

storyboards for crit

Here are my storyboards that I brought into the crit, they range in qaulity from stills of actual compositions for the final thing to rough outlines of whats going on, so here it is. Here on the Breakfast club frames I got the most progress,I've mapped out the motion of the assets using arrows and little notes to myself. I think it'll flow quite nicely.








Below, obviously at a less complete stage, are the outlines for the way the Ferris Bueller frames should work, or at least might work as is in my head. It follows a similar structure as the breakfast club, using a few knowing elements of the film, it'll be in a similar contemporary 'teen film' style of collage and hand drawn elements. I'm looking at changing colours around to give each ident a unique feel, so it won't be the same blue as the breakfast club.







Sixteen candles has a similar set up, it uses plot points and summarises the story in a hopefully kind of humorous way that's knowing enough to generate nostalgia and laugh at some of the cheesyness of the dated films. I think this will attract the 80's audience, given that the visual elements seem more appropriate for the modern audience. Though, if it's presented like th ebreakfast club ident, then the sort of desaturated, worn and stained photographs kind of give it a feeling of age and nostalgia? For some reason, the first few will only proccess in portrait no matter what I do, which is kind of a pain, hopefull yoyu can still read them and I apologise.








I was initially going to do a storyboard for planes, trains and automobies, but given that the rest of the films are teen, it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb, so instead I decided to do a general John Hughes themed ident, it kind of summarises some of the things that make his movies, i.e. the brat pack (group of teen actors he regularly employed. Again, apologies that some aren't the right way up.







The weird science ones I did are the sketchiest of the lot, I really just needed to get out the idea i wanted to convey quickly. Essentially it summasises the plot like the other ones do. It goes through nerd-babe-science-scribbled out science-no logic-weird science. It kind of has a humerous structure to it, I need to make sure I convey this when I start making it. Once again apologies that it's not all the right way up, I hope I don't make your neck hurt.




No comments:

Post a Comment