Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Post-its changed my life.


Ok, so last night, after I came up with my visuals, i was thinking up the content for my animations. At first I thought about animating famous quotes before arriving at the end scene, however, I think I'd be limited to one quote and whilst there would be people that would get that and be enthused, there would be alot of people who wouldn't remember the quote and would just be watching pretty animated type. I also thought about using visuals to represent the words in quotes, but again I'd have the same problem with recognition from the non die-hard fans. Then I stumbled upon this Idea, and I thought I'd go with it. If you click on the images they'll be bigger and you can see what I mean; I thought about sumarising the plot with a few well illustrated images, i.e. the example above is for breakfast club: Molly Ringwald: No Breakfast: Recreational Drug Use. However I didn't think this quite worked so I brainstormed plot and character bits of Breakfast club and all the other films I'm doing, plus John Hughes Movies in general (I'm doing one Ident Purely on him). From this I intend to start creating visuals and seeing how I can make them move.

so initially I brainstormed using the three parts of breakfast club I had on the previous page, I tried to break it up to give an idea of motion. The dotted line weaves, then molly ringwald appears and the illustrations sort of jump around off of her in a flowing way (I hope) This goes into the rbeakfast bit that carries on, before going back and crossing out breakfast as actual breakfast is not in the movie, I then ended on recreational drug use, using the smoke from the spliff to go to the credit sequence. However, I had a few problems with this; firstly, I can't show drug use at all times of day, the ident would only be appropriate after 9, which isn't really helpful. Secondly, I don't think it summarises the plot well.

Ok so here I rejigged it so it goes to detention in the middle, which actually makes alot more sense of the plot thinking about it. This would flow in a similar way as previously described and visualised through other's work on my context blog. I like the breakfast/no breakfast bit, personally, I think it could be humorous but I think it would look better at the end.

Here is it swapped round, I think ending on the breakfast 'gag' creates a nice little sense of fun, we have these well listed things about what the movie is about and then theres a ,hey, wait a minute theres no breakfast in it' sort of moment which I like.
Next I will try and do the same for the other movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment