Thursday, January 28, 2010

My own attempts at hand drawn fonts.

Below are some attempts to create my own type, I'm not happy with all of them but I'll go through it anyway:

None of these John Hughes fonts strike mutch of a chord with me, I think I need to draw from the font research I did on my context blog a bit more.

I actually really like the counter-less font on the far right bottom. I like it's layout and it has a similar fun vibe to the research I did on my context blog.

I experimented with the angular style and I quite like it, though I think it needs to be thicker to stand out in the circular setting it'll have.

I tried to do script fonts, but they don't seem as beautiful or ornate as the font I picked out over on the context blog. I think I need to work on it a bit and make it a bit thicker and bigger, allowing for some detail on it.

Finally, I need to look at the breakfast club, The font I've used in the storyboards is just my handwriting and to be honest, I think it's a bit naff and too uneven and scrawly, so I'll try something different on that and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment