Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Working with other Idents.

So this is just some images of me trying to appropriate the style from the last ident to the other films, I've attempted to do this by drawing from shapes and movements I want from the last Ident but using colour and imagery to create a unique identity for each one.
The ones below are me searching for a colour that goes with John Hughes, I liked the yellow, but at the crit last week, the yellow's visibility was called into question. On reflection, the mustard i started with is possibly the one to go for. I got the John Hughes picture by extracting it from a very popular photography portrait of him, i think theres something iconic about it.



Below is me working my way through the imagery for 16 candles, I've tried variations of pink because i think it's the most appropriate colour to represent a girl orientated teen comedy. I selected the image from the film poster/DVD cover of the time because it will have a familiarity with the audience from the 80's and shows recognizable characters from the movies that a modern audience would understand.


For weird science, I though that a green would be apropriate so her I've just explored a few different greens, I like it muted becase it sort of matches the muted blues and pinks from the other idents. The typography is a variation on the typography from the DVD cover


All being well, if the detailed storyboarding of 'The Breakfast Club' ident works, then I can start developing this imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment