Saturday, December 4, 2010

Guild Of Taxidermists Membership Cards

Here's a few proposals for the way the membership card should work, exploring both double sided and a single sided card. I looked at the two vector based directions and how they could be employed. I looked at laying out the tools around the words as a central focus to make the membership card fit in with the general direction that I want to head with this. I would rather do a single sided card, because I think it works just as well as double sided, and it would be much cheaper, both for me to manufacture for the sake of this project, and for the guild to manufacture as a whole.



I then put it through a variety of different colour ways, I wanted to look at a sort ofoff white/cream coloured background to make it feel a bit more vintage and feed into the Victorian element of the tool-based craft design. The website uses a colour scheme of dark red and a cream colour, so I figured that this might be a nice way to tie the design in with what they already have. Though, I do quite like the way the turquoise looks aginst the dark cream colour as well. For now I'm going to carry the dark red through though, but (when I can get into the print room, it's rammed) I will print the colourways and ask a few people's opinions.

1 comment: