Sunday, December 5, 2010

Guild Of Taxidermists Certificate Design

Here's some things I tried out for the Guild of Taxidermists certificate layout, again, I used the things that I'd been working on before (membership card, general identity) again to inform the design direction of the certificate. I initially started using the exact colour scheme I'd been using before, with the browny-cream colour and the dark red, but it seemed to heavy for the simple typographic solution, so I came up with the idea of using white and red for the type side and double siding it with the brown and red tools on the other side. Unfortunately, I left the membership card in the corner to refer back to, and exporting it as a jpeg has meant that this has appeared throughout, also for some reason it's removed the bounding box. This is a bit of a problem so I'm going to try and ensure I don't make this stupid mistake again.









The design of the layout seems to be working best when the body of the certificate takes up the same width as the very wide logo, rather than very centrally aligned quite narrowly. I like the cleaness and simplicity of the certificate against the white, and having the backing will mean that it still ties in together with the rest of the identity for the membership pack.


Back of the certificate design:

No comments:

Post a Comment