Sunday, December 5, 2010

Order of The Magi Certificate development

Unfortunately I exported these in the same way I did the guild of taxidermy certificate and its decided to crop it to the artwork rather than the bounding box. This relly irritates me, but is most definitely due to my own incompetence, anyway, you get an idea of the development. Again, using the membership card as a reference, I wanted to make this very clean and uncomplicated, allowing the mystery of the logo to speak again, so I went for a simple white background, and the futura at 240 kerning (where it still functions well) to make it tie in with what I'd already done. I tried left aligning it, which you can see immedietely below, unfortunatel it cut the half inch margin I made around the certificate off completely, making it look like I have no idea what a margin is or how to use it.













And here is the final desing, suprisingly it seems to have included the bounding box, alowing you to see how it should look properly. I think it says clean and sophisticated pretty well, and it's a design simple enough yet mysterious enough to appeal to all ages and genders of magician.

No comments:

Post a Comment