Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Guild Of taxidermists rules and regulations book


































Here's some of the development work for my layouts for the rules and regulations book, I didn't really record this as well as I could have done, it seems that all the systems I had in place quite early on in the project seem to have gone out the window as I rush madly to get everything done. This isn't ideal but I guess I'll learn from it. I'm pretty sure next time I will spend 3-4 days before I even begin designing at the start of the brief putting in very thorough and methodical timeplanning procedures etc. Anyway a lot of decisions with the book are informed by the rest of the things I've done, the font is Gill Sans book to have it run alongside the logo well. I put the tools into the design because I wanted to add a bit of interest because the pages were looking a little bland by themselves. I added the line dividers into the layout to create seperation in the sections and add a bit of an interesting dynamic. I worked usin a 6 column grid because I wanted to create a bit of a border around the page layout to allow the type to breathe in quite a minimal setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment