Thursday, November 18, 2010

Aleister Crowley and Themela design

Ok, so I wopped out this design pretty quickly, I'd researched the elements I needed pretty well



I did the quote quite plainly again, rather than working with an object, I wanted to use a pentagram but to do it in foilblock would mean covering most of the photograph. I added the pentagram to fill this fixation, though I'm not sure it will work. Elements in rich black as a pose to normal black are going to be foil blocked with the black foil, this includes the peak membership circle, all the lines dividing the headers and sections and the quote. I'm tempted to also put the title into foil block.

Poster:



This came really quickly to, based on the idea of the media branding him the beast/ the antichrist/a satanist/evil at the time, and actually despite being very odd and a little deluded, by todays standards, his beliefs aren't even shocking. It also reflects the idea that he played on being called the beast (a reference to the Devil) despite being no such thing.

Things like the type setting need tweaking and will be properly sorted out by the end of tonight, but this is definitely the direction I'm going in with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment