Thursday, November 18, 2010

Applying The logo to stationary

After the struggle of getting to a logo that Daisy is happy with, applying it to different bits of stationary was relatively easy, just very quick layout exercises, I managed to blast most of them out within the space of half a day to a point that I'm quite satisfied with, it's now a matter of presenting them to the client and seeing if there are any tweaks that they want. I've also used dummy text for her website and address, As well as inside the letter. After not being too keen on the coloured photograph being used, I'm now growing quite fond of it, and it feels like quite a unique way to get across how much colour is part of her work, but quite subtly.





Here I just messed around with the placement of the logo for the back of the letter. Depending on how I fold the letter to put it inside an envelope, I can place the logo so it's the first thing they see as they pull the letter out. With it placed centrally, I can use two folds to divide the letter into thirds and this seems the easiest to work with.


I'm really happy with the back of the letter, this combined with the stark whiteness of the letter on the other side will look visually very strong, of course I'm going to have to do a test print using a few different paper stocks to see which one doesn't let such a heavy amount of ink show through on the white side.


With the letterhead it's self, I'm still not sure what I actually like. I do like devoting the entire column with her details in it to just that, not allowing the type from the letter to enter that coumn, but the placement of her details and the weighting of the font/ italicising bits of it I can't really seem to find an appropriate solution yet, so that needs just a bit more playing with.


Then I did some quick designs for a compliment slip, using century gothic as with everything because it's what the logo-form was created using, so it compliments the shape of it quite well. I messed around with the weighting, I liked the contrast between the regular weight of with and the bold weight of compliments, it also shows the purpose of the compliments slip quite nicely.In terms of what to put on the back; I have a choice as to whether to lay it out like the back of the letter and the business card, or to invert it and have a lot of bright colour with a black logo. I quite like the idea of this, I think it will break up the amount of black quite nicely whilst still working as part of a whole.




Finally some very quickly done proposels for the envelope, having the black on the outside with the logo and then the very colourful inside of the envelope, again using the photograph she sent me. I think that this will work very nicely, but I need to double check the measurements so it can fit the letter within it. The current measurements are 190.5 x90.485 which is a little narrow to fit A4 in it.


Finally some more quick proposals for clothing tags, but Daisy has since given me some information (I will post later) about what she wants on these and the labels inside, so I'm going work with these to make amendments, still as a starting point to try things out, it isn't bad.

Things still to do for this brief:
-tweak all of these and present them to Daisy
-make adjustments
-2 garment designs
-mock up a website for her to take to a web developer

No comments:

Post a Comment