Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Show and Tell feedback

Here are a few photos from the show and tell session. Unfortunately because of the deadlines of the first and second years, I wasn't able to get into print for my cults brief in time, which I think is a shame because it felt like I hadn't got enough work. I did present the stationary for my DSW brief as well as my finished conspiracy theory book. I asked for feedback on what was working and what wasn't with the stationary brief, because I wasn't happy with the business cards, despite them being the option daisy went for. I also asked for feedback on my conspiracy book in terms of what I can do to really expand and exploit the brief, obvious suggestions included postcards and stickers which I can make and print within the space of a couple of hours, so I'm going to do that in an evening one day next weekend and have them printed at drop in the next day.

There were a few issues with the DSW brief. Firstly, the envelope looked a bit out of place because the colour on the back of the compliment slips is so vivid and it didn't quite live up to it in the envelope, so I'll have to increase the saturation.

-The business Card; I think people were so wowed by the intensity of colour in the compliment slip that the business card wasn't that impressive. On reflection I like the way this looks better too, so I'm going to make it like that and double sided with white, so the text is more legible and there's room to write on it.

-One person didn't like the 'with compliments bit on my compliments slip, saying it didn't go with the type on the rest of it, but I couldn't disagree more so I'm going to ignore that. I also started using a similar style of type in the press release booklet that I haven't blogged yet. (will do that tonight as I continue or tomorrow night.

One thing that's also changed is the back of the letter. Initially I wanted it black and colour like on the business card on the reverse of it. The printer downstairs had serious issues with this though and I actually really like the minimalism in the black and white, plus it's much cheaper and Daisy could do it on an inkjet at home if she wanted to.
I've got a print slot booked tomorrow so these are things I can quickly amend tonight and reprint tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment