Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Raelian Church



Following the formula I had for the rest of the cults I'd been looking at (demonstrated by my accidental inclusion of the Manson layout) I came up with a title that got to the core of their beliefs quite quickly. I started working with green because the colour immediately conjures up images of aliens from old 50's b movies etc. and the connotation is ingrained in most people's consciousness. Though the kind of Green is perhaps still subject to change, theres a few possibilities for print finishes with this one, I want to use both glow in the dark ink on the sections of the page that are green, and then perhaps foil block the title? I'm not sure. The image going over the top is reference to some crop circle shapes I'd been looking at as research.


I then designed the poster (unfortunately I again accidentally included a manson family one). I think this one is quite witty too. We believe in Jesus is what will show up at first, and this seems fairly normal, when it's unfolded to reveal alien, it feels quite funny. It also sums up their views quite nicely. With this one, I'me tempted to use glow in the dark ink and then foil block the lettering. I'm definitely going to use the glow in the dark ink, but I'll test the foil blocking and see if it's too much all together.



Here it is in a different green. I'm going to pay around with the green a bit till I get something that works, this one is a little too dark, me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment