Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Order Of The Solar Temple poster development

After doing my research on this cult, I thought the most shocking and peculiar thing that happened within the group was the murder of one of the children by their parents under the command of the cult leaders, because it was believed that they were the antichrist. I wanted to play on this with quite a shocking tagline. The way the fold works means that it will display 'We Love Our Children' when folded, before revealing 'to kill' in the middle.



Given that the special finish is fluorescent yellow, making small type that is whited out against it probably quite unreadable, there's a constant struggle throughout to improve readability. I don't really like it all in black, against the yellow it signifies caution and I don't want that signifier attached to it. So I think I'm going to go for the one where the header type is white as well as the lines either side of it, because the text takes up enough space on the page for the letterforms to be readable. This for me, creates enough balance between white and black, thought I'm going to try an all white solution too, on the off chance that it's actually readable. Also I can always mix colours with the fluorescent yellow so type will sit better against it when I'm in the print room.

No comments:

Post a Comment