Monday, November 22, 2010

The Flat Earth Society

This is one idea I just spent the last hour developing, I used the shape of the contours from the Flat Earth model of the world as a backdrop to break it up. I've tried a few different fonts and I'm not sure which I'm keen on. The sans-serif fonts reflect the visual style I was after (the quite lo-fi, almost 70's style of the credits and title sequences in Wes Anderson movies.

Gill Sans Bold:


Gill Sans:






Bebas:










Helvetica condensed bold:


Futura Condensed


Times


Gill regular




I quite like the visual direction this is going on, But I think I need to try out a few different directions and ways to compose the logo form. I can always introduce the diagram elements to other societies If I like them more. Right now I'm thinking the last Gill sans and Bebas are working the most succesfully. Bebas has a really antiquated letter press feel to it, which kind of helps, whilst Gill's presence in a lot of things from the 1960's and 70's really enforces that feeling to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment