Monday, November 1, 2010

Poster And Stickers

The Poster was a very quick turnaround, essentially I had to get the image and layout from the cover and apply it to a larger scale. I also decided to include the summative quote I'd chosen from Soren Kierkegaard. I asked David Gasi and Jonny Packham for some quick input on how to lay it out, they both agreed that the quote looks best aligned left underneath the large header. The header it's self looks best centrally aligned to the image behind it.








I decided that a good way to protect the book and the poster would be to put them in A4 comic wallets and have a sticker to seal the pack up. I immediately knew that a triangular circle to mimic the shape of the spot varnish on the cover. I thought a nice touch would be to put the edition number on the sticker so the buyer knows how limited edition the books are. It also means that I can set that out in quite a formal way, without having to pencil it on the back of the cover and tarnishing my design.

I messed around with how to present it, whether to use numbers or words etc. I thought that using the font Dave designed also meant that the sticker and the book tie together as one piece quite nicely. I decided that just the numbers, presented like fractions was a little misleading. I opted for the numbers of the edition 1,2,3,4,5 etc. followed by 'of five' this means that the number of the edition is more immediate, communicated through one symbol, rather than having to make sense of a word.

Now I have to:

-Prep all my files for print (today)
-print the book content, the covers and the posters. (today)
-print the exposures (today/tomorrow)
-set up my screens (tomorrow)
-screen print the spot varnish (tomorrow/wednesday)
-Assemble all my books (wednesday/thursday)

No comments:

Post a Comment