Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ready(ish) for print:

Here are the final layouts ready to print and sort out the separations to make screens for. Ignore the black on the order of the sun layout, I've since changed that to the white I mentioned in an earlier post, Issuu is just struggling to upload stuff at the minute and so I'll update that at a later date, also the green for the raelian church isn't right either. I think I'm running out of print proccesses that are do-able within collage, to exploit. I can't emboss with this brief anymore because I've switched to a double sided poster format from a leaflet/booklet format, embossing would lead to unwanted indentations on each side of the poster. I really want to do a piece on Alleister Crowley and his Themela Cult, I think it might involve playing around with rich black against black, and/or spot varnishing onto black without there being anything underneath in order to get over his 'wickedest man in Britain' reputation. Anyway, I'm going to try it out, but these are the finished product ready for print, but I think theres a few things I need to tweak ever so slightly throughout to make sure they're absolutely right for print.








A word about the Church of Scientology; initially it said 'we are not a cult' but the trend amongst the rest of them is that the fold in the middle reveals a truth about the cult, where when it's folded it's a lie or it's a twist on the truth. The scientology one is the other way around. Under the advice of some of my peers I decided to use the term 'We are not a religion' instead which I think is actually a lot more suitable.




The end is in sight, if I can get all the black inks printed on different paper stocks and the exposures printed tomorrow, I can expose the screens and then have two days printing on Monday and Tuesday ready for the show and tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment